Saturday 12 January 2008

The Naming of the Shrew

He was a mighty man, and he lived in a mighty house (sixth cousin of Mighty Mouse, twice separated). He earned himself much respect in the corporate world, especially amongst left-handed corkscrew vendors - for that is what he sold - left-handed corkscrews.

The ruthless Duke of Avon was much impressed when he heard about the success of our protagonist (Note how carefully the mention of the name was avoided) and beckoned on him to dine with his family.

The Duchess was a shrewd lady, and lived up to Kipling's the f of the s is more d than the m.
On the night of the dinner, she was in a particularly brutal mood, "Just so that this long blog post does not go without a single dialogue, I'm going to ask you your name"

"Earl E. Davy de Sonne"



PS: "...but my friends call me Eckles"

2 comments:

Sharanya said...

*laughs!* Ahh, did I miss this or what! So much for a good laugh..you should seriously do this more often!

I can't decide if Im more amused at your easy way out of the "Davidism" (Earl E Davy de Sonne?! I mean, CMON!) or the Mighty Mouse's 6th cousin "twice separated"..which incidently, is just astoundingly hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David